Call for Submissions for the 16th annual exhibition Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2020 are now open, to be staged on Perth’s stunning Cottesloe Beach from 6-23 March 2020.
Submissions deadline via post by Wednesday 14 August, 5.00pm AEST or online by Sunday 18 August, 11.59pm AEST.
The Sculpture by the Sea Team
Before beginning your application please read our Terms and Conditions.
To apply online
To begin your online application, please click here.
The deadline for online applications is midnight, Sunday 18 August 2019 (AEST).
To apply via post
Download a copy of the Cottesloe 2020 application form.
Please send all hard copy applications to PO Box 300, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 by 5pm, Wednesday 14 August 2019 (AEST).
Awards and Subsidies for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2020 include:
- The Bendat Family Foundation Western Australian Invited Artists of $10,000 for three artists
- Up to four or more new and innovative work subsidies of $5,000 – $10,000 each with support from the Australia Council for the Arts
- Western Australian Sculptor Scholarship of $10,000 with thanks to Gavin Bunning AM & Julienne Penny
- The Alcoa Aluminium Award of $10,000 for a new significant work in Aluminium open to all exhibiting artists
- The Danish Artist Subsidy of $10,000
- The Mostyn Family Foundation Artist Subsidy of $5,000 for an International Artist
- Assistance for all artists for reasonable use of install and de-install Site Crew and heavy equipment with support from the Australia Council for the Arts
Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2020 Curatorial Panel:
- Olga Cironis Artist
- Dr Michael Hill Head of Art History and Theory, National Art School, Sydney
- Professor Ted Snell AM Cit WA Chief Cultural Officer, Cultural Precinct, University of Western Australia
- Gemma Weston Curator, Cruthers Collection of Women’s Art, Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery, University of Western Australia; Program Associate, Visual Arts, Perth Festival
Photo Clyde Yee. Alessandra Rossi, ‘Cairn (marker #1, #2, #3)’, Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2019.