Call for submissions for the 22nd annual Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi to be staged along the coastal walk from Bondi to Tamarama in Sydney, Australia from 18 October – 4 November, 2018, are now open!Online applications close at midnight 2 April, 2018.
Please visit our online application form here:
Or download a hard copy of our application form here.
- Exhibiting over 100 sculptures by Australian and overseas artists
- Strong sculpture sales
- Open to emerging and experienced artists alike
- Attracts 500,000 visitors each year
AWARDS & SUBSIDIES
- The acquisitive Aqualand Sculpture Award of $70,000
- Three Helen Lempriere Scholarships of $30,000 each open to Australian artists
- Four new and innovative works will receive $5,000 – $10,000 each towards their costs, with support from the Australia Council for the Arts
- Three Clitheroe Foundation Mentorships of $10,000 for young emerging Australian artists
- $10,000 for an Israeli artist to exhibit
- The Wallace Foundation New Zealand Sculptor Award for a New Zealand artist of NZ$7,000
- The Dick Bett Memorial Invitation for a Tasmanian artist of $5,000
- Stephen Bradley, Manager, The Transfield Art Collection, Sydney
- Geoffrey Edwards, Former Director, Geelong Gallery, Victoria and former Senior Curator, Sculpture, National Gallery of Victoria
- Clara Hali, Sculptor & Lecturer in Sculpture, National Art School, Sydney
- Dr Nien Schwarz, Artist & Senior Lecturer, School of Arts and Humanities, Edith Cowan University, Perth
Artists thinking of submitting an application are encouraged to read our Terms & Conditions
Applications for Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi, 2018 will open on 5 February, with applications closing on 2 April, 2018.
If you have any questions please contact Natasha King, Exhibition Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8399 0233.
Keep an eye out for our Call for Submissions for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 which will open in June 2018.